Licenses for individual components:
- OmegaEngine and AlphaFramework: Mozilla Public License 2.0
- Shaders: MIT license, portions NVidia general developer license
- OmegaGUI: MIT license, portions MS-PL
- Sample code: MIT license
The specific license applicable to each file is stated in its header. External libraries used by the code are placed under various open source licenses. See the source code for details.
In layman's terms this means:
- You can use the engine to build your own game (free or commercial) without having to release your game's source code.
- You can add new code files to the engine itself without having to release them.
- If you modify existing code files of engine itself you will have to share those changes.
- You can modify the GUI and sample code without having to share those changes.
- You can modify the
Commonlibrary and use it in other projects without having to release those changes.